Sunday, December 19

Laundry Day:

I went to the Laundromat today. With My friend Amanda.

Amanda decided that it was a good idea to help out with my laundry. She grabbed everything that was on the floor in my room, and hallways, and kitchen, living room and bathroom (I guess I'll take off my clothes anywhere) threw it all in the bag, and toted it off to the heavens of water and soap. Red Nike sweater included.

This summer I went to town, where I proceeded to flirt with the most incredibly hot guy. I was wearing my red Nike sweater with a hood. He touched it. I was like now in love with that sweater.




Since that day in July I think I have worn it about 100 times.


Since that day I have washed that sweater a total of 0 times.


I'm crazy.
Well to you, I probably am. I cling to things that have special meaning to me. Like really cling. You couldn't pull me away from a couch at my friends apartment for like 6 months because.... because.

I didn't wash that sweater because me and (Chris Bateman needs to call me! 505-0735) incredibly hot guy were like best friends for a whole day ...at the mall, and the bar, and the party. He was the coolest guy ever. I guess I just wanted something to remember him by. And the only thing I got was his hottie cooties on one meaningless red Nike hooded sweater.

Today that meaningless sweater ended up in the laundry.

The meaningless hottie cooties are now in the sewer.

So I pull my clothes out of the dryer, throw them on a table and start folding. Half way through, I find my sweater and freak out. I mean FREAK RIGHT THE FUCK OUT.

"Ohhhh MY GOD! You washed this too? You washed this sweater? Do you KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THAT MEANS? MY FUCKING SWEATER! I LOVE THIS SWEATER! You FUCKING wrecked this SWEATER!"

"WHAT? Lemme see! Is there stains? Did it shrink?"

"NO! It's GONE. The GUY IS GONE!"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"SUMMER!!!... the guy."

"JENN.. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

People are looking at me like I'm coming off a bad trip or something. I feel a tear come down my cheek. I gave Amanda the look of death and walked outside. Then I got emo.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that all I've done for the past two days I had off was watch Mandy Moore and Lindsey Lohan flicks. I've watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, A walk to Remember, Freaky Friday, Chasing Liberty, Mean Girls, How to Deal, and American Wedding for good measure. I feel like a 13 year old virgin all over again. So sue me.

skizard

No comments: