Saturday, November 20

Today I went to my family reunion at the hospital:

manenough My grandpa has been in the hospital since Wednesday, and today my grandma had a seizure and ended up there too.


Plot of events since 530 this morning:

531am: I went to bed.
630am: I fell asleep.
830am: I get a frantic phone call from my mother telling me that I need to get to
the hospital ASAP because my whole family is going to die or something.
831-838am: I stare at the ceiling and ask the following: "Why the fuck does everyone gotta die when I'm sleeping? Can't they fucking wait until I'm awake and lively? Fucking dying always fucking around with my life."
845am: I'm sitting in my truck napping on my steering wheel.I get another phone call and it's my cousin Rodney asking me where I am. I lie and say I'm about a block away from the hospital.
9AM: I start to drive. I blast some tunes to keep me awake. Since I had just said I was really close to the hospital, I pick up speed to about 120k.
915AM: a cop pulls out of the truck stop and sees me zoom by. He proceeds to catch up and flash his lights in my face. I get the whole "did you know you were going 20k over the speedlimit? Are you looking to get into an accident? BLAH BLAH BLAH"
He asks for my license and crap, I give it to him. He sees that I have had 4 speeding tickets in the last 2 months. He decides to write me up. I tell him that I'm in a hurry and need to get to the hospital. He scribbles on the ticket and lets me go.
930AM: I get to the hospital and realize that the cop still has my license and registration sitting in his car.
931AM: I cry. Because now I know I'm going to have to go to the cop shop and pay the ticket to get it back.
1030AM: Well all get together in the lounge room of the hospital. Recap of total injuries: Liver infection (grandpa) bruised tailbone (grandma) and a swollen foot. (me= I thought it would be entertaining if I kicked the bootrack in the main entrance when I was trying to take off my shoes.)


So I get stuck being the new nurse until I go home. Which was at 430pm today.
So fuck you if I'm incoherent and don't make sense. Fuck you cops.
This is what I did with the ticket, in my normal badass fashion.



No comments: