Wednesday, December 24

Am I the only one in the world that still uses proper grammar?

Is it just me or has the English language gone to shit because of *kewl* internet slang? I think that it is about time for the President to declare a state of emergency. It's getting pretty bad when you have people starting IM conversations by saying "RARRRRR." Someone please tell me what the hell that means! Is that a hello?(what's sad is that is coming from a 19 year old male)
I think I would understand this slang if it made you look smarter, but when someone says "sup" to me the only thing I think is: IDIOT. I don't think I'm alone on this either. So please, if any of your net friends talk like this, KILL THEM. Stupid people suck my ass for buttons.

I hope to fuck that I never have to be a teacher in the future, if computer language is going to *progress* to this, I would go psychotic and wreck all their computers or something. (ha, no more bad grammar for you kiddies!!) The fact that this is becoming acceptable is insane to me. If you have the motor skills to turn on the computer, and find a way to get contacts to add to your buddy lists, then I think that you can be considered capable of intelligent thought, and also intelligent typing skills. When I have a conversation like this, the first thing I do is wait to see if maybe it was a mistake or they are only doing it to see what way I talk on the net, If they do not correct themselves and continue to talk in the computer language I like to call *stupid*, I find the block button. When someone that you are talking to says dumb stuff like sup? ect.., it makes me think that they do not value the conversation enough to add some decent thoughts to it, and thus making me want to talk to them less and less. You know the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.", well I think that it should be adapted and put to use on the net. Something like: "If you don't have anything smart to say, don't bother wasting the 2 seconds it takes to type out LOL."

LATER
Like me? Send me an email!
Hate me? Send me an email!

No comments: