Monday, December 22

LOTTO=YOU ARE STUPID

Why do people insist on wasting their money on lottery tickets? I mean really, what is the point? I cannot see any reason why spending $5 a week on pieces of paper with numbers on it is a good idea. Does it give you a feeling of doing something good like helping the poor? NO! Does it give you anything in return? BARELY EVER! You stand a better chance of getting money if you rob me, and I'm always broke.

I've seen some people stand in line at the grocery store, waiting just to buy lottery tickets. Seeing as they are in a grocery store, you would think that there is something better that they could be doing with this money, LIKE MAYBE BUYING GROCERIES! But no, these people cling onto the idea that they are going to strike it rich by spending $5 a week, everyday of their legal lives, and finally actually winning something where the odds are close to 1 in 12,000,000.00. I dont see the point, just think about all of the money that the average person will spend in their lives. Say that a person buys 1 ticket every week from the age of 18 untill they are 75, at five dollars a ticket. This means that in their lifetime they have given another person more than $5000 of their hard earned money! Is it just me, or does the thought of that number leaving your pocket willingly make you alittle angry? I dont think that I would mind so much if the person that won it actually needed it. Most of the time the *winners* are from middle-class homes, married, and are living fairly decent lives. What's sad is that I've seen people take money out of their small welfare checks and buy these stupid tickets thinking that maybe god will shine down on them and let them actually win. It's sad that these people are suckered in by these dumb comercials, like "Pick 3 is up to 10 million, go buy a ticket NOW", and go hungry for a week a month because they spend that $20 on the lottery.

Maybe I think too logically, maybe I should just ease up on these people. I tell every person I know that buys lotto tickets that if they ever win the amount of money back that they have spent on them, I will never speak of it again.. so far that hasn't happened. I WONDER WHY!

Anyway, I know one thing, I will never spend any cash of my own on stupid things like the lottery,..... and I think I should get a licence and run one of my own!! I'll call it: "The lottery where you just give me the money that you are going to spend on lotto tickets"..... sounds like a good plan to me.

LATER
Like me? Send me an email!
Hate me? Send me an email!

No comments: